An Óige, the Irish Youth Hostel Association has as its charitable aims the following:
- To help all, but especially young people, to a love and appreciation of the countryside, particularly by providing simple hostel accommodation for them whilst on their travels.
- To foster an appreciation of the Irish cultural and historical heritage
- To co-operate with other organisations for the following purposes:
- (a) to preserve the beauties of the countryside.
- (b) to secure and mark rights of way and other foot paths.
- To co-operate with kindred associations in other countries.
- To take any other steps calculated to further such objectives.
We feel these aims remain largely relevant today and should remain at the heart of what An Óige is all about.