”Life is short, so we must make it count!” – Some inspirational words from Billy Duffin, a true Irishman whose soft spots include a pint of Guinness and a breathtaking view of the Glenmalure Valley.
2. What is your personal philosophy? We only get one life so make it count well.
3. What’s one thing you couldn’t live without? Guinness.
4. What is the greatest challenge you have had to overcome in your life thus far? Walking the Camino de Santiago.
5. What is the one thing you cannot resist? A good debate in a pub.
6. What is your greatest fear? Loss of a good friend.
7. Where is your favourite place to be? Glenmalure Valley in Wicklow.
8. What is your favourite thing to do? Hiking over new areas.
9. Where is the best place you’ve travelled to and why? The Canadian Rockies. Love the isolation.
10. What’s the weirdest job you’ve ever had? Playing Santa at my daughter’s school.
11. What does true leadership mean to you? Honesty and fairness.
12. Which one would you want most and why: flying cars, robot housekeepers, or moon cities? Moon cities and I would be the man on the moon!
13. What has been the most important innovation/change you have witnessed in your lifetime? Peace in Northern Ireland.
14. What would you do (for a career) if you weren’t doing this? Park warden.
15. Who is the most interesting person you have met in the hostel? Nearly everyone; everyone has a story to tell.
16. What would you most likely to tell yourself at age 13? Grow up and listen.
17. What are your three most overused words/phrases? “What’s the time”, “is it over yet?” and “one for the road!”