Want to relax in the “Garden of Ireland”?
Win 1 free night for a lucky family
Like us on Facebook to enter!
Everyone’s a winner! Mid-week Special only €60
For a Family Room ensuite (2 adults & 3 children or 1 adult & 4 children)
Only for the month of August – Subject to availability.
Email email@example.com or call +353 (0)1 830 4555
Ask for the Wicklow Midweek – Special
Only one hour drive from Dublin City Centre, there are plenty of things to do & see there and all of them can be perfectly combined with an overnight stay in our beautiful Wicklow Hostels.
Chose between Knockree and Glendalough – both hostels on the Wicklow Way!
Knockree Hostel – the ideal Family Hostel
Knockree Hostel boasts varied
accommodation, including en-suite rooms, family rooms, wheelchair
accessible rooms, dormitory rooms, meeting-room/conferencing area,
large-capacity dining-hall, TV-relaxation room with log fire, guest
kitchen and restaurant for groups (pre-booked only).
Along with the Dublin International Hostel, Knockree holds the prestigious HI-Quality certification, making it a member of an exclusive group of Hostels around the world that have achieved this coveted certification.
Knockree Hostel is fast becoming one of
our most popular hostels with families and due to its location on the Wicklow Way perfect for hikers and walkers, so be sure to get your booking in
early so you can experience the â€˜Garden of Ireland’ in one of its best hostels.
Glendaloch International Hostel – Great for Groups & Families
Right on the Wicklow Way, this 5-star youth hostel in Wicklow is a cosy, modern building over two floors with all en-suite rooms. Dorm beds are available from €18.00 for the month of August.
It has a well equipped kitchen that is
available for self-catering, and meals are also available at reasonable
prices,although lunch and dinner is only on request for groups of 10 or
Bed linen is included in the price, and
the hostels features include two conference rooms that are free for
guests’ use and ideal for groups. Parking is also free for our guests
and this Glendalough Hostel is also wheelchair friendly.
See here for our Glenmalure Hostel – back to basics in nature!
County Wicklow is also the perfect location for Outdoor Activities such as walking, hiking or mountain biking.
Things to see
North East Wicklow (around our Knockree Hostel)
… and take a walk along the cliffs from Bray to Greystones
… stroll along Bray’s Seafront
… have a great family day at National Sealife in Bray
or learn something about its history in the Heritage Centre
If you love castles and gardens…
… visit Powerscourt House & Gardens and the Powerscourt Waterfall
… stroll along the Festina Lente Gardens or the Sally Gap
… try to climb up the Great Sugarloaf
… enjoy stunning views in the Wicklow National Park
… visit Kindlestown Castle
… view St. Crispin’s Cell, St. Mary’s Church or St. Valery’s Cross
… tour Glencree Visitor Centre
or see Wicklow’s Historic Gaol
visit the beautiful small town Enniskerry – only 5 km from our Knockree Hostel and 30 minutes from Dublin, Enniskerry is “the gateway to Wicklow”, The Garden of Ireland. Widely regarded as one of Ireland’s most charming villages, Enniskerry is a wonderful place to visit – it’s worth it!
Mid East Wicklow (around our Glendaloch International Hostel)
Are you fascinated by castles and gardens?
… visit Black Castle
… take a walk through Mount Usher Gardens
… stroll along the Kilmacurragh Botanic Gardens
… see Avondale House & Forest Park
… Glenmalure Valley & Waterfall
… Meetings of the Waters
… Lough Tay
… Wicklow Gap & Wicklow National Park
… East Coast Nature Reserve
… Brittas Bay
Or visit interesting histroric sites…
… Glendalough Monastery
… Wicklow’s Historic Gaol
… see the Avoca Handweavers
… tour the Avoca Mines
Events in County Wicklow
If you’re already there – take part in some great events running this summer
- Wicklow Gardens: Easter – September. Now in its
23rd year, WICKLOW GARDENS offers a choice of 33 gardens including a
number of properties in Wicklow and neighbouring counties of Dublin,
Kildare, Wexford and Carlow. All are of outstanding natural beauty and
- Wicklow Regatta Festival: August 1st – 6th. This year this festival is in its 134th year. With events, live music and of course sports and races its the perfect event for families.
- Greystones Americana & Roots Festival: August 3rd – 6th. Bluegrass, Alt-Country ,Blues and Rockabilly music for the whole Family Join the 3rd Americana Music Festival. Confirmed are acts such as SPELLBOUND, THE BASKAVILLES and THE NEW PEASANTS. All Music Line-ups will be posted soon on their Events Page. Four days of music, All free.
- Arklow Maritime Festival: August 3rd – 6th. The Arklow Maritime Festival takes place each year in Arklow, down on South Quay and around town and there is a fantastic line up of events for all the family. It is mostly free.
- Bray Summerfest: July 6th – August 6th. This year you will see some great musical line-ups, the return of the
Air Spectacular, Euroshow Funfair, the Bia Galore Food festival, kid’s
corner, comedy, theatre, sports, fireworks and much much more.
- Tinahely Agricultural Show: August 6th. The Tinahely Agricultural Show is a celebration of the richness of rural Irelands traditions, it’s people and their way of life. For it is at this remarkable event that the doors to these experiences are opened. It is a fantastic family day out with live entertainment for kids and adults and an endless list of competitions and displays.
- Hollywood Fair: August 17th – 19th. On 15th August Hollywood Village is going back in time to a post war era when people had to be self-reliant and traditional crafts were part of everyday life. Dust off your finest vintage attire and join for a weekend of family fun and a taste of country living.
- Heritage Week: August 18th – 26th. From medieval fairs, night time bat walks, classical music, poetry, theatre, traditional music, storytelling, historical re-enactments, local history walks and talks, maritime and coastal events, food fairs, traditional skills workshops and archaeological digs. There’s something for everyone and most events are free!