Dublin has loads of things to do! And many of the things you can do are free! We have compiled a list of our top free things to do in Dublin.
Top 10 FREE Things to do in Dublin
1. The National Museum of Ireland – This actually includes three museums in Dublin: Decorative Arts & History, Natural History and my favorite, Archaeology.
2. National Botanic Gardens of Ireland – A magical oasis, these gardens are a lovely place to take a stroll on a sunny day.
3. The smallest grave yard in Dublin – Go into Trinity College through the main entrance and follow directions to the ATM on your left-hand side. Here you will find Chaloner’s Corner, Dublin’s smallest cemetery, nestled in a corner in College Green.
4. Gallery of Photography – This gallery has ever changing exhibitions. It’s hidden in Temple Bar on Meeting House Square.
5. Aras an Uachtaráin (the Official Residence of the President of Ireland) – Our president’s house has a free tour almost every Saturday all year round.
6. Dublin Discovery Self-Guided Walking Trails – Narrated by Paddy Liddy, a famous Dublin historian, these self-guided tours are brilliant. Simply download the app to get started.
7. Dublin City Gallery The Hugh Lane – A lovely gallery of modern and contemporary art, here you can find art by some of the greats like Monet, Vuillard, Manet and my personal favorite, Degas. It’s located on Parnell Square.
8. The National Gallery of Ireland – Highlights from this gallery include the Jack B. Yeats collection, The Taking of Christ by Caravaggio and my personal favourite Hellelil and Hildebrand, The Meeting on the Turret Stairs by Frederic William Burton.
9. Phoenix Park – There’s tons to see and do here! Bring bread to feed the deer and the ducks (frozen peas, lettuce and grapes are a healthier alternative for the ducks). Also check out the Visitor Centre & Ashtown Castle.
10. Listen to live music at Whelan’s – You never know who will walk in to play! There’s no coverage charge except after 10:30pm on Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays. It’s located in Temple Bar.
Don’t forget to sign up for our newsletter!