For BOOKINGS call +353 (0)1 830 4555 or send an EMAIL to email@example.com
Manager Billy will be happy to welcome you to his hostel!
ADDRESS: Glenmalure, Greenane, County Wicklow
There is no HOSTEL PHONE so you have to call the An Óige head office.
Please note: in the Glen there is no mobile network reception too!
We’re sure you can navigate around yourself – but here’s a helping hand with plenty of travel choices available!
For those of you cheating and using GPS, enter Baravore, Co. Wicklow and it will get you to the point just before the “river crossing” section of the directions below!
Decimal: Latitude 52.932474 Longitude -6.295942
Minutes & Hours: Latitude 52° 55’ 57” North Longitude 6° 17’ 45” West
• Take the N11 to Kilmacanoge and exit for Roundwood
• From Roundwood follow R755 to Annamoe and Laragh
• Entering Laragh, take a left at Lyman’s Pub, following R755 (signposted Rathdrum)
• From Laragh, follow the ‘Wicklow Way’ trail to Drumgoff Bridge
• After about 1.5km, keep an eye out for a right hand turn to Aghavannagh
• Entering Glenmalure (beside Glenmalure Lodge Hotel), take an immediate right at crossroads – there is a cul de sac sign for this road.
• Follow the road for 6km until the road crosses a river (be aware – if the weather has been very wet this river may be high). If you are not comfortable crossing the river in your car, it may be best to walk the rest of the way (under 10 minutes).
• Cross river and follow road, hostel is 0.5km on right hand side. It’s the only house in the area!
• From the car park, take the footbridge on the right hand side to get across to the hostel.
Public Bus: You can take St. Kevin’s Bus (01-2818119) from Dublin-Laragh, which leaves from St. Stephen’s Green in Dublin at 11.30 and 18.00. Laragh is 14km from mountain hut – this bit will have to be hiked so pull on your hiking boots! From Laragh, follow the ‘Wicklow Way’ trail to Drumgoff Bridge towards Glenmalure Lodge Hotel and follow the directions as above!
There is also a 10% discount to An Óige/ Hostelling International members with valid card. All the details of this Bus Service can be found on their website www.glendaloughbus.com