Glendaloch International Hostel
For BOOKINGS call +353 (0)1 830 4555 or send an EMAIL to email@example.com
Manager Andrew will be happy to welcome you to the hostel!
ADDRESS: The Lodge, Glendalough, Co. Wicklow
HOSTEL PHONE: +353 (0)404 45342
HOSTEL FAX: +353 (0)404 45690
We’re sure you can navigate around yourself – but here’s a helping hand with plenty of travel choices available!
Decimal: Latitude 53.010278 Longitude -6.290833
Minutes & Hours: Latitude 53° 00’ 37” North Longitude 6° 17’ 27” West
Road/Car/Coach: From Dublin you can take the M50 Southbound and follow directions as below.
From Dublin Airport to Glendalough Hostel:
• At Airport Roundabout take the 2nd exit onto the M1 (signposted Dublin). Leave the M1 at junction 3. At the next roundabout take the 3rd exit onto the M50 motorway (which is signposted M50 Southbound).
• Continue onto the M11 (signposted Wexford) which will then turn into the N11 – continue along this which will branch left. Then at the roundabout take the 4th exit onto the R755.
• Continue along the R755 through Roundwood. The road will fork further on – be sure to keep to the right on the R755 to Annamoe.
• Continue along the R755 to Laragh. Head right onto the R756 (signposted Glendalough). You then take the branch left onto the R757.
• Follow the signs for Glendalough Monastic Settlement. The Glendalough Hostel is on the road to the upper lake. Follow the road around and you’ll see the hostel (yellow building) through gates on the left hand side.
Public Bus: You can take St. Kevin’s Bus with a 10% discount for An Óige/Hostelling International members – call 01-2818119 for times and details.
St Kevin’s bus goes from Dublin-Glendalough at 11:30 and 18:00 Mon-Sat (from Dawson’s Street (off Stephen’s Green, Dublin City Centre). On Sundays it leaves at 11:30 and 19:00. The last stop is 500m from the hostel in Glendalough. For more information see: www.glendaloughbus.com
Rail: The nearest train station is Rathdrum which is 13km (8 miles) from the hostel. However, from here the only transport available is by taxi only – ask at train station to help you get a taxi. The cost from here to the hostel is around €15.
Air: The nearest Airport is Dublin International Airport – see above for directions by coach/car to get to Glendalough.